Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: Candy Doll Lipsticks by Masuwaka Tsubasa


I finally received my Candy Doll lipsticks yesterday. Yey! These are actually my first purchases from the line, and I plan to try out as many products as I can soon.

Candy Doll Lipsticks in Ramune Pink, Apricot Beige and Vanilla Beige

I got all three of the currently available shades - Ramune Pink, Apricot Beige, and Vanilla Beige. They are all neutral colors in matte finish. I'm not surprised that Tsubasa-chan chose all these shades for her line. Nude colors are a hit to Japanese girls since they always put more emphasis on their eye make-up anyway. Plus, nude lips add to that doll-like look that they all crave for.

Candy Doll Lipstick in Ramune Pink

Candy Doll Lipstick in Apricot Beige

Candy Doll Lipstick in Vanilla Beige

The lipsticks came in really cute packaging and at first, I felt it would be a totally waste to just tear them up. Luckily, they were designed in such a way that there was no need to ruin the packaging to get the product. You can put the product back into the case after use, and it will still look new and unopened. Haha. Other reviews that I've read also mentioned that the lipsticks were somehow smaller than the normal. However, compared to regular MAC lipsticks, I think they're pretty much the same.


At first, it was a bit difficult to see the shade difference between Apricot Beige and Vanilla Beige. When I tried them on, they were both really, really pale -- very similar to the lip colors you often see from gals in Japanese magazines. When I looked at the photos before I purchased the products, I thought they would be similar to MAC Viva Glam Gaga II. However, they were a lot paler. It was only when I swatched them side by side did I finally notice the difference.

 From L to R: Ramune Pink, Vanilla Beige, and Apricot Beige

From L to R: Apricot Beige, Ramune Pink, and Vanilla Beige
Apricot Beige has more peachy tone

Out of the three, my favorite would have to be Ramune Pink -- just like everyone else. Haha. Though I'm really a fan of nude shades, this pink one really got into me. It gives off a really sweet vibe when worn, and it reminds me more of bubblegum than pink lemonade.    

One thing I don't like though is that it dries up fast and definitely not for those with dry lips. Matte lipsticks tend to last longer than glossy ones, but these ones are different. They don't get wiped out easily, but if you choose to use the lipstick alone, prepare to see some chaps on your lips after a few hours. This is probably why it is highly recommended to use the Candy Doll lipgloss afterwards. But I'm not that much of a lipgloss person, so I guess I'll just keep wearing the lipstick on its own.

Overall, the colors are great especially if you choose to wear dramatic eye-makeup looks. It would totally complement and bring attention to your eyes because the color is barely there yet still noticeable. However, make sure to pair them with a really nice lipgloss to get the best product payoff. 

If Tsubasa adds new shades, I'll still grab them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal