Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review: Dolly Wink Eyebrow Mascara and Liquid Eyeliner

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I became interested in trying more products from Masuwaka Tsubasa's cosmetics line after purchasing lipsticks from Candy Doll. The other day, two of my orders from her Dolly Wink line arrived. One was Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black, and the other was Dolly Wink Eyebrow Mascara in Milk Tea.
Like typical Japanese cosmetics, the two products both came in really adorable packaging. I especially liked the packaging for the liquid liner, which was a little tricky to open at first. It's just so cute -- a lot better than a wrapped gift. Another good thing is that you can just put the product back inside the package if you want to keep it that way.
It even won a cosmetics award in 2010
The DW Eyebrow Mascara in Milk Tea was not as light as I thought it would be. I have purchased Palty Eyebrow Mascara before, and it was also in Milk Tea shade. However, between the two, I think the Palty one was closer to the color I wanted. It was a little lighter than my hair color (I was trying to match my eyebrow color with my hair), but it still worked. The Dolly Wink one has more of an orange-gold tone, so I had to be extra careful not to apply too much product on my brows or else it would look really weird on me who has a light brownish hair. I have tried having orange-y eyebrows before just for fun, and it wasn't very cute. Haha.
See? Haha. Weird orange brows.
Also, it does not make the brow hairs too stiff. But it still keeps those wiry eyebrows groomed and tame when regular tweezing does not do the trick.
 
As for the Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner, it totally exceeded my expectations. I already knew it would be great because Japanese girls tend to be very particular when it comes to their eye makeup, and black liners are an essential for them. But I never thought this one would be really, really good. My hand still gets a little shaky whenever I try to make cat-eye or winged liners, but with this one, it became easier. The tip is really pointy and doesn't bend that much, so it is easier to control and make better lines. It is also a waterproof-type, so you wouldn't have to worry too much about smudges. One drawback, however, is that the black color isn't as "deep" as it is supposed to be. You have to apply the color more than once to get the desired "darkness."

I think it was a pretty good purchase. I still find the products a bit expensive compared to other Japanese cosmetic brands, but I guess with Tsubasa as the brand's face, it just cannot be helped.

(c) All images belong to Ayra Blogs About Things

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal