Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Evangelion Tees for UNIQLO

Geeky me wants these shirts so bad even if I probably won't get to wear them. Haha. I like the three shirts on top, especially the purple one. 

But on a second thought, I'd probably still wear them if I ever get my hands on them. I'd grab ones in larger sizes and pair them with leggings. That could work. Hihi.
There's Shinji, Asuka, and Rei...
I don't quite remember who the other guys is.
Oh, rusty memory...
I like this shirt, but who's Mari again?
I can only remember Misato.
Neon Genesis Evangelion is probably one of the earliest animes that made me sit in front of the TV screen whenever 5pm hits the clock (Was it 5pm or earlier? Can't remember). Yup, I was an anime kid, too, (A huge one, actually), and animes are probably the very thing that made me interested in Japanese culture in the first place. Back then I had no access to the internet, so I could only watch one episode a day on TV. 

I used to have a big 2D crush on Shinji Ikari back when I was into meek guys. Hahahaha. But my favorite character is Asuka Langley. I see a huge deal of myself in her, except for the glam bod. Haha. In terms of personality, I think we're pretty similar (I'm just nicer. Haha!).



Oh, those days...

But I'm really happy that even after so many years, Evangelion is still loved. Well, what's not to love about it, anyway? It may have one of the most perplexing climaxes ever, but I as well as the true-blue fans (which I'm not claiming I am) find it the real charm of this series. That is why it remains a classic.

Okay, enough anime talk! Haha!

These shirts first came out in 2010 when UNIQLO teamed up with Gainax Co. to celebrate the release of Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance, and they cost 1,500 yen (around 800 pesos). I checked the website and they have new designs for 2012.

Hopefully they'll be available in our local UNIQLO branch once it opens next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal