Thursday, May 31, 2012

Getting into the Fad that is "Airport Fashion"

Tiffany from Girls' Generation was quoted saying that since airport fashion has become a trend, she started paying extra attention to what she wears while on the move. Members of Korean girl group 4Minute mentioned the same thing in one of their interviews. Indeed, many celebrities not just in Asia but also in Hollywood started taking their airport style more seriously. 
Hollywood celebrities show what airport chic means
Korean Girl Group Girls' Generation
Korean Actress and Singer Yoon Eun Hye, one of my favorite Asian fashionistas
Why the obsession?


I think it is primarily because ordinary folks like you and me believe that seeing what celebrities wear while jet-setting reflects the latter's genuine sense of style. No stylists whatsoever could have put together their outfits for them since they're merely traveling and not really performing on stage or attending some red carpet event. People are curious to find how out the stars dress up minus the glitz and glamour that usually comes with being a celebrity.
I just love Vanessa Hudgens' sense of style
Chris Pine Photobucket 
It's amazing how the stars still look fab whatever they wear.Photobucket
.
.
.
.
.
As for myself...


Well, I'm not much of a traveler, and I've never been inside a plane for more than two hours. So whether I dress up for comfort or style whenever I travel simply depends on my mood. Of course it is important to feel comfortable just like in any other occasion, but sometimes I just feel like dressing up a bit to get more into the "tourist feel," if that makes sense. But I still usually prefer to be laid back. Luckily for me, I don't have paparazzis to worry about. Haha. 


Because I'm not a celebrity (lol! biggest statement of the obvious), I don't have that many photos of myself strutting around the airport and stuff. Hahaha. But I found a few of these photos when we went on a trip back to Mama's hometown down south back in 2009. It was just me, Mama, and my li'l sis. 



Li'l sis and I trying to catch our flight
Sleepy li'l sis
Mama has better airport fashion sense than I do. Hehe.
I need to travel more so I'll have more chances to develop my airport fashion sense. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal