Monday, May 14, 2012

Review: MAC Reel Sexy and Watch Me Simmer Lipsticks

So I got two lipsticks from the MAC Reel Sexy Collection: the "carrier" lipstick, Reel Sexy (I just called it as such because it has the collection's name. Haha.), and the one I missed from the previous collection (because it was super popular), Watch me Simmer. I've always wanted to add some coral lipsticks to my stack (I'm not quite fond of the one I currently have, So Chaud), so this new collection came out just right for me.  
From L-R: MAC Reel Sexy and MAC Watch me Simmer Lipsticks
Both are from the "orange" family (lol) -- one is a light coral shade, and the other is a dark one. Reel Sexy is a shy mixture of peach and orange. Because it has an amplified finish, I was able to wear it for hours - six at most. I love the color, and I think it's the perfect shade of coral for my skin tone.
Myself wearing MAC Reel Sexy Lipstick
And as I've expected, Watch me Simmer is indeed very similar with some of the recent lipstick colors released by MAC (Read here). It's a color that would definitely draw attention on the lips. It appears lighter on the photo. In person, it's a very dramatic orange-y, almost red shade. I had a hard time pulling off the color as I'm not really fond of bright red lips, but after hours of wearing it and when the color faded a little bit, I found it a bit more wearable for me.  
Myself wearing MAC Watch me Simmer
Swatches
(From L-R: Watch Me Simmer and Reel Sexy)
Because I'm a fan of light-colored lips, I'd have to say that I prefer Reel Sexy over Watch me Simmer especially for everyday use. However, I'd probably be wearing the latter more these days to fit the humid weather. Though I'm more of an eye-makeup person, rocking the bright lips is just perfect for the summer season. I'm trying to tone down my eye makeup recently (as you can probably tell in the photos) and focus more on the lips. So, Reel Sexy would have to step down a bit for now since I'd probably be abusing it come rainy season anyway. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal