Friday, May 4, 2012

Review: MAC Tres Cheek Powder Blush in Pink Tea

Pink Tea- neutral beige pink (satin)

When I made my purchase, I was quite hesitant to actually choose this color out of all the available shades from the collection since it looked really lifeless on the photos. I am very pale (because I'm not that healthy), so a blush color that shows up well on my skin is really important to me. I chose it because a lot of people seemed to be very fond of it when the photos of the collection were released. I thought of changing my order at the last minute but I try to avoid being fickle as much as I can, so I just went ahead with this one.

I must say I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I would be. Not too impress either, but it wasn't that bad. When I first saw it, it looked exactly as how MAC described it: pale and neutral pink. It actually looked almost grayish, which sort of freaked me out at first. But when I applied it on my cheeks and made a few swatches on my forearm, it somehow becomes a semi-medium pink with a bit of berry-bluish tone. It also sticks better on the skin when the latter is a little dewy than when it's too matte. 

I usually just pat the brush on my cheeks instead of doing circular motions whenever I apply blush to make it look more natural, but with this one, I had to do a bit of layering to get a better color payoff. 

Overall, I like it, but I'm not sure if I actually love it. After a few more uses, it'll probably grow on me... or not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal