Friday, June 29, 2012

Aragaki Yui and Kim Chiu in Similar Ensembles



While waiting for the elevator this morning on my way to the office, I was staring at the advertisements being flashed on the screens in the building lobby and saw the cover of Cosmopolitan Philippines with actress Kim Chiu on it. I thought the styling looked really familiar. Then it reminded me of something I've seen Aragaki Yui wore for her monthly spread called "Yui's Fashion Patrol" for Nylon Japan. 

I clearly remember this look because I've included the photo in a blog entry I did a few weeks back and commented on how it was unusual to see Yui bear some skin after shedding off her teen gravure image and finally becoming one of the top actresses of her generation.

The funny thing is that both are for each magazine's June 2012 issue. However, Japanese magazines tend to release their monthly issues ahead of time. For example, the June issue of Nylon that featured Yui was actually released in May.

Here are the larger photos for a better view:
Aragaki Yui for Nylon Japan, June 2012
Kim Chiu for Cosmopolitan Philippines, June 2012
I think both girls look pretty in the outfit. I prefer the fitted floral bustier Kim is wearing over Yui's loose one, but I the latter's pink pants are better than the bright red one.


Who do you think wore it better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal