Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review: MAC Hey, Sailor! Lipsticks in Salute and To Catch a Sailor

My package finally arrived yesterday after being delayed for about 3 days. I was already getting frantic thinking it got lost in transit. Thankfully, the courier has decent customer service, and they responded well to my pestering. Haha.

Anyway, so I only picked out two shades out of the four available lipstick colors from the collection. I chose the tame ones since I think I already have too many bold red ones that I rarely use. They're supposedly part of the summer collection, but since I am in a different hemisphere, it is currently the rainy season for me. But of course, it does not mean I cannot wear these colors anymore.
                            
MAC Hey, Sailor Lipsticks in To Catch a Sailor and Salute! 
Salute! is a pale peach-beige shade with an amplified finish. Some hints of yellow can also be found which is why I think it is not like the typical peach color available. The finish reminded me so much of when I first tried on Candy Doll lipsticks (You may read my review here). It makes the lips look dry when applied alone even after swatching it twice, so a good gloss follow-up is certainly a must. 

To Catch a Sailor is a metallic-like beige-brown color that has a frost finish. It reminded me of Frenzy from the regular collection, but only a lot lighter. I find this color a bit challenging to wear because somehow, I feel that it makes me age a bit. I think this color would work better for those with darker skin tones.
Swatches (L-R): Salute! and To Catch a Sailor 


These ones were a bit pricier than the regular MAC lipsticks because of the packaging. They came in navy blue striped boxes, and the same design was also printed on the glossy tubes. It was interesting, but I find the packaging for Surf, Baby! cuter. Haha. 

All photos belong to (c) Ayra Blogs About Things

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal