Friday, June 1, 2012

Review: TonyMoly Expert 3D Collagen BB Cream


TonyMoly Expert 3D Collagen BB Cream
Product Features:
Has SPF40, PA +++
A Triple Function Cosmetic: Whitening + Anti-Wrinkle + UV Ray Protection
Contains Golden Peptide which has excellent synthesizing capability, provides elasticity to the skin and makes the skin smooth with no uneven skin texture by filling in wrinkles
Has Lavender Scent

Reasons for Buying:
I was primarily lured by the product's anti-aging claims. Though most BB creams claim to have anti-aging properties, this particularly mentioned having a collagen-promoting ingredient.

Details
Type: Combination to Oily
Foundation Shade: MAC NC15-20
Mid20s

Observations:
Does not dry to a Matte Finish. After reading some reviews saying that this BB cream does not work well for those with oily skin, at first I thought it may not be the product for me. I still bought one to actually see for myself. While it is true that it won't give a matte finish when used alone, it can actually stay on the face for hours when topped with a setting powder. I tried using Laura Mercier Mineral Setting Powder and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish, and the former worked a lot better. But if you're not into matte looks, this product gives a glossy finish when used on its own.
Gives Medium to Full Coverage. It's good for concealing slight blemishes, skin discoloration, and acne marks. It leaves the face covered but still natural-looking.
A Bit Difficult to Blend. Although the consistency looks really light and "liquidy," it is actually a bit difficult to blend on the skin. I initially tried just using my fingers to apply it on my face, but since it is a little tricky to spread, I'm afraid I might tug my skin a bit too much in the process. I recommend using a foundation brush instead.
Has Only One Available Shade. This is perhaps the most common problem about BB creams.While this particular BB cream may not work for people with darker skin, those on the lighter side may find it a favorite. Though it appears darker on the tube and has a slight gray cast like other BB cream brands, it oxidizes well to match the natural skin tone.
Almost Scentless. I would not know that it is supposed to have a lavender scent if I had not read it. It is unnoticeable, so those who are sensitive with scented face products may give this one a shot.
L: When dispensed from the tube
R: When slightly blended on the skin
Overall:
It worked really well for me. Out of the 4 BB Creams I purchased from different brands (See here), this is in my top 2 along with Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream (which I will also be reviewing soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal