Thursday, August 23, 2012

Review: MAC Lipsticks in Venus and Cut a Caper from Heavenly Creature Collection

This has been sitting among my drafts for ages!
I got these two immediately after the collection came out and that was several weeks if not months ago. I've never really gotten around to writing my thoughts on them because I've not worn them that much at all until recently. This review is really late, I know, but since they are still available in some online shops I guess this may still be helpful to those who are thinking of checking these products out.

Cut a Caper is a pinkish-coral shade with a really slight hint of purple. It has a lustre finish. When I first saw Cut a Caper's bullet, it looked eerily similar to Reel Sexy's, which I already have. So I was like, "Oh, another dupe?" But after swatching it, I realized that it's a lot sheerer compared to Reel Sexy.
Venus is a medium pink shade with a touch of golden-yellow. It also has a lustre finish. I actually like this one a bit more than Cut a Caper because it somehow complements the natural color of my lips while giving them a bit of shine. It's really wearable and would look great if you're into barely-there makeup looks.
Swatch
L-R: Venus and Cut a Caper
My experience with MAC lipsticks that have a lustre finish has been fairly good until these two came along. They're just way too sheer for my liking. I know that lipsticks of these type do not usually last very long and you'll have to reapply them from time to time, but everything I've tried so far were way better. I really love Dish it Up from the Shop MAC, Cook MAC collection and it also has lustre finish. But the color payoff is extremely good. 

Overall, though they weren't as good as I expected, I guess it was still worth the try. They'll be good for daytime looks but be sure to carry them in your purse so you can reapply anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal