Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Review: MAC Powder Blush in Magenta from Reel Sexy Collection

It's been a while since I last wrote a product review, and since my blog was initially intended for posts of this sort, I can't just leave it like that, can I? Haha.
MAC Powder Blush in Magenta is well, as its name suggests, a bright magenta shade with a matte finish. When I placed my order, I had the impression that it was more of a dark purple color. The color in the pan was exactly as how I expected it, but the swatch color was entirely different. I got really shocked when I first tried on this product because it was extremely pigmented. MAC powder blushes are usually of really high quality, but this one shocked me the most among all the ones I have so far. I used my Real Techniques Kabuki Brush and dabbed it once on the pan, just once, but when I applied it on my cheeks, the color transferred really well it's almost scary. I thought I wouldn't be able to blend it properly and look like a slapped clown for the rest of the day. Haha.
The texture is a lot drier compared to the other available shades from the regular collection. That's the reason why the product seems a little difficult to blend out once it's already on the skin. But since I only need to dab my brush lightly on the pan to get the right amount of product, I'll probably be able to use this product for quite some time. Hopefully though, it runs out before it expires. Haha.

I just hate it when my makeup expires on me.Photobucket

The product stays on the skin for a long time, too, which is really unusual for powder blushes that tend to fade on the skin only after a few hours. The color is really intense, so if you're into bold looks, you might want to check this one out. Just expect that blending the color out might not be easy.

So this is my first post for the month of August! Yey! My favorite month! Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal