Sunday, October 27, 2013

Every girl's a SWITCH GIRL!

Now that I'm on a school break, I'm finally back to my JDrama-viewing ways. I've been trying to catch up on some titles I've missed, and so far I've been doing really well. Haha.

I'm watching three dramas for this season: Ando Lloyd (because I've seen all of Kimura Takuya's dramas, and I'm not planning to break my record any time soon), Legal High 2 (because I love Aragaki Yui to bits, and Sakai Masato left quite an impression with Hanzawa Naoki), and Miss Pilot (because I've forgiven Horikita Maki [lol], and I'm a sucker for career-related dramas).

One title that I've added to my list is this shoujo manga-based drama called "Switch Girl," which was aired in 2011. Actually, I've given up on dramas like this a long time ago since, well, they don't fit my taste anymore. The last I've seen was probably Hana Kimi. Haha. But the plot caught my attention because it reminded me of someone I know really well...

ME!
Switch Girl Season 1 Promotional Photo
Basically, the story is about this girl who's really popular in school for her looks and style. But behind all the glamor is a secret life. She switches to her "off" mode when she's at home, meaning she turns into this messy, slovenly girl that's the exact opposite of the image she projects in public.

Now, now. When I said that the character reminds me of myself, it's not the part about being popular (because I'm far from one). It's the "switching" that's very relatable. I do try my best to at least be presentable whenever I'm out, but when I'm just idling at home, I could care less about how I look. And I've seen the consequences of this lifestyle many times, especially when there are unexpected house visitors. Haha.

I'm very sure it's not just me. I've seen many of my girl friends in their "off" modes whenever I had to stay at their houses. It becomes a good talk material during bonding moments. Hahaha.


Switch Girl Season 2
I've not read the original manga, so I don't have much expectations about the drama. While some parts of the story may be enjoyable to me if only I were 15 *coughs*, there were some scenes that were quite surprising. Haha. Go and watch it if you want to know what I mean.

I only have about 4 episodes left before I finish the second season. It's a really short drama (30min per ep and only 8 eps per season), so if you're looking for a JDrama that's not too time-consuming, give this one shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal