Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review: CANMAKE Cream Cheeks

I’ve never written a makeup review in, like, a year, and I really miss doing one. This blog clearly needs to go back to its roots! Haha!

So let’s have the first batter for 2014 – CANMAKE’s Cream Cheeks!

When my recent (and first!) trip to Japan was finalized, I had three things in my must-do list: buy a copy of ViVi, buy Hayato goodies, and buy CANMAKE products (They’re all about buying things! lol). The first was rather easy since magazines are available in convenience stores. Hayato goodies, however, were a bit challenging, since the schedule was fixed and I didn’t even have the chance to go to Tokyo Dome (huhu). I got a copy of Giants Monthly with him on the cover, though. So that was okay.    

As for CANMAKE, I don’t know if I was just unlucky, a little stupid, or both, but every time I visit a beauty store when we get a few free hours, I always miss seeing their products. I guess it’s normal to get overwhelmed when you go inside a beauty store in Japan and come face-to-face with the veeeeerrryyyy extensive list of Japanese beauty products they have. Trust me, if it’s your first time, you wouldn’t know where to begin.

But thankfully, I finally succeeded with my CANMAKE hunt at Matsumoto Kiyoshi in Shibuya
I was very excited to finally get my hands on these products since I’ve read so many good reviews about them. They’re affordable, and they have such cute packaging – just the two things that would make me want to try out any product. CANMAKE Philippines has actually opened a brick and mortar store in Robinson’s Galleria here in the Philippines, which will make restocking a lot easier. Haha.

I only got two shades, [5] Sweet Apricot and [13] Love Peach, since I’m not really a fan of uber red cheek colors. Orange blush is quintessential in old gyaru makeup, and I love how it looks on my cheeks. My favorite is Peaches from MAC, and I recently hit the pan on that one.

But since I had such good experience with CANMAKE Cream Cheeks, I might give the other available shades a try.

Here are my thoughts:


Pros:
  • Very affordable
  • Has really attractive packaging for anyone who loves anything kawaii
  • Highly pigmented; Has good color payoff
  • Gives a natural look; lasts all day (unless you sweat a lot. lol.)
  • A little shimmery, which gives the cheek a nice glow


Cons:
  • While the packaging is really cute, it’s just plastic. You have to be very careful not to ruin the lid after continued use.
  • The color may not appear as vibrant if you have darker skin. You have to keep piling on the product to get a good color payoff. But since it’s buildable, it won’t be that much of a problem.


Here are some swatches for your reference:
Not blended
A closer look
After a few blending, it will look like this:
Will I get more of these? Absolutely. Will I try the other, much redder colors? Probably.

Overall

I think the product is absolutely divine, and you’ll definitely get so much and beyond what you paid for. I highly recommend this to young girls who’d want to wear a tiny bit of makeup to school. I promise, it will look so natural your teachers won’t be able to tell you’re actually wearing makeup. But that cute guy in your class will definitely see there's something "glowing" about you. Hihi. J

*Products personally bought by the blogger.
All images © Ayra Blogs About Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal