Monday, June 30, 2014

Makeup Monday: Pond’s BB Cream vs Maybelline BB Cream: Which One is Right for You?


Even with the popularity of newer beauty products such as CC Creams, BB Creams still remain a must-have in many women’s makeup bags. To me, they’ve always been the primary product in my foundation routine, since I won’t have to apply a primer and a moisturizer anymore; thus, helping me save time especially when I’m running late for work. Occasionally, I still use a setting powder, depending on the BB cream brand I use. Most BB creams give a dewy look, which sometimes don’t look flattering on my oily skin.

But, the amount of benefits they offer truly compensate for whatever tiny issues I may have with them. Some, however, may be a bit pricier than others, especially Korean brands. Most of them may even be more expensive than liquid foundations.  And while they work really well to make up for their price tags, some of us may not have enough budget for constant restocking every time the tube runs out. Fortunately, some beauty brands have come up with their own more affordable but equally good versions. Here are two of my favorites -  Pond’s Flawless White BB+ and Maybelline Clear Smooth 8-in-1 Skin Transformer BB Cream.

First, here are some details on my skin type to guide you through my thoughts in this review:
Type: Combination to Oily
Foundation Shade: MAC NC15-20
Mid20s

Pond’s Flawless White BB+
Product Claims:
Has SPF 30 PA++
Has GenActive Cover Formula
Helps provide effortless natural bare-faced look
Instant natural coverage
Lightens from within

Pros:
Great Coverage; Works perfectly for skin with open pores and signs of acne scarring and skin discoloration
Dries to a matte finish; May work perfectly without a setting powder, but can also give a lightly dewy look when applied minimally
Lasts all day; May not give off a shiny look even after 8 hours
Has a bit higher SPF content than Maybelline’s
Has better range of shades for people with fair skin complexion
Does not give off a grey cast on the skin

Cons:
A bit difficult to blend due to its thick consistency; Application should always be with a brush, not fingers, to avoid tugging the skin
Only has two shades available; May not match those with darker complexion

Maybelline Clear Smooth 8-in-1 Skin Transformer BB Cream
Product Claims:
Has a perfect blend of 8 minerals ingredients
Its unique shade instantly improves and perfects the skin
Has visible whitening effect
Reduces the appearance of pores; skin redness disappears
Provides all-day hydration
Helps protect skin from UV rays and free radical

Pros:
More affordable than Pond’s
Easy to blend due to its “liquid-y” formula
Gives light coverage; ideal for those with minimal skin issues who don’t prefer thick consistency
Scentless; Perfect for people with sensitive skin


Cons:
Thin consistency; May not be suitable for those who wants good coverage
Only two shades available; the lighter shade may be a bit too dark for those with fairer complexion

Final Thoughts: While both work well beyond their prices, I tend to reach out more for my Ponds BB Cream simply because it matches my skin tone better. Maybelline’s BB Cream doesn’t oxidize enough to match my skin tone. And for days I feel like using it, I still need to mix it with a bit of a lighter liquid foundation or another BB cream to achieve my desired shade. Also, Pond’s BB cream gives me right amount of coverage I need for my everyday look, since I have a bit of acne scarring on my cheeks which I got from my bad-acne-phase as a teen.

You can read my previous Makeup Monday post here: What's in My Everyday Makeup Bag?

Non-Sponsored Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal