Monday, June 23, 2014

Makeup Monday: What’s in My Everyday Makeup Bag?

I switch the contents of my makeup bag every other week, so I can use all of my items as often as I could (I hate it when my makeup products expire when I’ve barely used them). But these are the products that have stayed in my tiny little pink pouch for quite some time. I like to mix things up a bit by using high-end products and the more affordable ones to create my everyday makeup look that I wear to work. It works well for my budget, too.
 My Everyday Makeup Stash

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette
I admit that I only bought this product because I fell in love with the packaging, but it wasn't really a wasteful purchase since Urban Decay products are of great quality anyway. It's got a nice combination of colors with browns for a more natural look and fun shades like purple, green, and light blue for an occasional pop color underneath the waterline. 
Ponds Flawless White BB Cream
BB Creams from Korean brands can be quite pricey, so if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, I highly recommend this one. More so than Maybelline's BB Cream (More on that on my future posts). It gives great coverage with only one or two pumps, and it's very easy to blend. Plus, it matches my skin tone really well. I just love this product to bits.
MAC Concealer in NC20 and Lipstick in A Perfect Day (Limited Collection)

I have a relatively bad case of dark under eye circles, and this concealer helps me look less raccoon-y on a daily basis. As for the lipstick, I've almost reached the end of the tube now, but fortunately it's just a nude shade. So, I can always get dupes somewhere else. I stick to nude lips for my everyday makeup look, especially when it's just for work. 
Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze

I use this as base for my powder eyeshadow, but it can stand on its own for a light, shimmery effect on the lids. Out of all the six shades I own (Bad to the Bronze, Fierce and Tangy, Painted Purple, Tenacious Teal, Edgy Emerald, and Bold Gold), I think this has the best formulation. It blends easily and stays on the lid for a long time - maybe not for 24 hours, but still for a long time. My eyelids tend to be oily at times, but this product still works perfectly for my condition.
Maybelline Falsies 
I got this product because Tanya Burr, one of the beauty gurus I follow on YouTube, uses this often on her videos and it makes her eyelashes look really full and flirty. It can be a bit clumpy at times, but with proper build-up, it does its work. Plus, they're affordable, so it doesn't really hurt my wallet whenever I had to change my mascara every three months.


Majolica Majorca Face Powder

Another product that I bought because the packaging is insanely cute. I like it better than Canmake's though that one works great for the price. 
CanMake Liquid Eyeliner

I didn't quite like this product when I first tried it on, but it grew on me. At first, I thought the applicator was a bit too thick for making nice cat-winged eyeliner looks. I got used to Dolly Wink's really pointed tip, so this one was a bit more difficult to use at first. But after a few practices, I got the hang of it.
CanMake Cream Cheeks

These are some of my most favorite products from this Japanese brand. I've made a review of this product here, so check that one out.
Elsia Eyebrow Eyeliner

An impulse buy I got in Tokyo. When I'm running late for work and can't be bothered with using eyebrow powder, this is my best tool. I can be quite lucky with impulsive shopping sometimes.
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Probably the best eyelash curler ever made. EVER.
My makeup bag has seen better days...

Note: I’m starting a simple series here in my blog where I talk about different beauty issues and other women-related topics such as makeup, hair, fashion, skincare, books, and even my favourite TV series (Game of Thrones!) and movies with a different theme every day. So, yeah. Hopefully, I can keep it up. Watch out for tomorrow’s Tresses Tuesday: Wedding Hair and Makeup Inspiration from Famous Movies. Thanks! 

Non-Sponsored Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ayra Blogs About Things Copyright © 2009 Paper Girl is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal